Back to Scam Patrols Homepage

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Email virus from a friend and simple things to prevent it from happening to you

A few days ago a friend of mine sent me an email which at the time I thought was an article to what we had recently talked about. Only to find out later he emailed me letting me know that his computer had gotten a bug. I didn't click the attached document (which I almost did)

Here is a simple tip to prevent any viruses showing up on your computer.  If a friend sends you an attached document make sure to reply to your friend and ask them if they sent you something for you to open or even a link.

This way you get some confirmation that the sender did send you the appropriate document.

It can be a pain in the ass I know but we can't rely on antivirus software to catch all of them. It just does not happen.

No comments: