Back to Scam Patrols Homepage

Sunday, June 19, 2011

My friends facebook account was hacked? How to prevent it.

A few days ago my friends facebook was compromised.  He told me that someone was putting perverted messages on his facebook wall. So he told everyone he would be creating a new facebook account so he can get back in track. I told him he did not have to go through all that trouble. After asking a few questions it seems that this is the second time this has happened to him.

I told him that he does not have to create a new account. He can simply do a few things. One he can create a new email account just for his facebook. This way if the would be hacker knows his email address that is linked to his account he will not be able to relog back into the page. Or create a good password for both his facebook and his email account. Meaning your password must consist of upper and lowercase letters possibly symbols ect.


In the next post I will post other things to do to secure your facebook page and your computer.

No comments: